Baidu, formerly also spelled baidu as well as known as 百度, is the largest Chinese language search engine and the fifth most-used web portal in the world, and it can be used as both an all-in-one search engine and application platform for the Windows and Android platforms. But what about those of us who do not speak Chinese? How do we use it effectively? What are its strengths and weaknesses? This article will help you get started with Baidu’s public API to track keywords on baidu as well as building applications using their software development kit (SDK).
Baidu, the Chinese equivalent of Google and the largest search engine in China, has a keyword ranking system that is similar to that of Google’s PageRank system. This article will tell you how you can find out what the ranking of your keywords are on Baidu and how to track them over time to see if they are increasing or decreasing in rank, giving you an idea of whether your efforts are working. This article assumes some knowledge of how PageRank works but if you don’t know much about it go here first.
Learn about Baidu
Baidu is the most popular search engine in China and the third most popular in the world. It’s also known as the Google of China. There are a few reasons for this: Baidu is one of the oldest search engines in existence, it has a simple interface, and it doesn’t have ads that pop up or invade your privacy like you get with Google. If you want to learn more about Baidu or just find out how it works, here’s what you need to know . The homepage of Baidu looks very similar to the homepage of Google. However, unlike Google, there is no navigation bar at the top. Instead, there’s a box at the top right corner that allows you to perform different searches – either by looking up a single word (known as Cangjie in Chinese) or by typing in an English phrase (such as cats).
The single word search returns results related to that word; while the English phrase search offers only Chinese-language results.
Get a free Baidu account
- Enter your phone number and click register (must be an SMS-capable cell phone)
- Once you get a text from them with the 4 digit confirmation code, enter it on the homepage
- Confirm that you have read the terms of agreement and click continue
- Check email address for verification link which will be sent to that address. Clicking it will send a second confirmation code, this time typed in box at top right of page (the one with thank you). Copy and paste this into the other box and then press Confirm Baidu account
- Your account is now set up! You’ll need to verify your phone number by sending a text message or making a call, so it’s best not to close out of the window or tab until you’ve completed this step. You can also use any mobile device as long as it’s got SMS capabilities; just make sure there are no typos when typing in your 10 digit phone number. 6. To add keywords, click on Keywords under Baidu index: 7. Fill out all fields required: keyword phrase, type, location and language
- Click the bar icon in the search bar. 2. Type your keyword into the search bar, and then click Search. 3. Scroll down until you see a list of words that are related to your keyword and click Add. 4. Once you’ve added all of your desired keywords, scroll back up to the search bar and type in an unrelated word to see how many results show up for this word as well. 5. Click Add when finished adding unrelated keywords, and then press Search again if you would like to see all of your new keywords or change them out at any point during this process. 6. You will also notice that there is a little blue button next to each word called Delete Keyword. You can use this option to remove any words from your list at anytime during this process. 7. It is also important to note that you should not add too many keywords since it will only increase the time it takes for searches to load and affect site performance negatively. 8. If you have reached a certain number of hits with no new results appearing, it’s best just to stop adding more keywords because they won’t bring in any more relevant information anyway. 9a) If you want to access this feature through English, go here: http://www-china-baidu-com/en/.
Baidu, often referred to as the Google of China, is one of the three major search engines in China. It is estimated that over two-thirds of Internet users in China use it. Baidu’s method for ranking search results is different from Google’s: ranking both links and web pages. This means that more weight is given to links and less weight given to web pages for a particular keyword. Baidu provides data about how each keyword ranks in relation to other words. The report also shows how long ago the specific word was used. The report can be set to show all keywords or just your top 20 by using Top Words instead of All Words. The most recent date range available is January 2008. You can also export this data into an Excel spreadsheet so you can manipulate the data according to your needs. This information will help you determine which phrases are already popular and which phrases need to be revised. You may want to do some research first before jumping right into tracking keywords. Make sure that if you are looking at niche topics, there isn’t too much competition around these keywords, because otherwise, your efforts might go unappreciated. Lastly, make sure that the topic has staying power; otherwise it will not generate any sustainable traffic for your site.
Growing Traffic from Baidu
Getting traffic from Baidu is not as hard as you might think. There are a few tips that will help get your posts seen in the Baidu search engine.
For starters, you need to make sure you have at least one photo and a succinct title for your post so it stands out in the search results. The easiest way to do this is by using an image hosting site like Imgur and then pasting the link into your blog post’s title field.
Next, every time you upload a new blog post, make sure you insert specific keywords into the content so that it has higher chances of ranking well in Baidu’s search engine. Baidu offers keyword suggestions when typing in a topic, so use these suggestions whenever possible. One more tip: use Chinese keywords if possible because they’re easier to rank high with. Finally, be sure to share links back to other pages of your blog via RSS feeds or social media sites like Facebook and Twitter so that those other posts also show up in Baidu’s search engine!
Baidu provides keyword suggestions when typing in topics which makes creating titles easier. It’s also wise to include Chinese keywords because they rank better than English ones!
Baidu is the dominant search engine in China and is estimated to have a market share of over 70%. As such, it’s important for both multinationals and local companies alike to understand how Baidu works. With a little understanding, and some patience, you can learn how Baidu operates and start optimizing your website for this search engine.
For example, there are many people that don’t know that Google doesn’t give accurate results for Chinese users searching with simplified characters. Thus the majority of the Chinese population searches with traditional characters which can be converted into simplified characters by adding a single dash at the end of each word.